Program Director: JCC Sonoma County, Jewish & Israeli Film Festivals
The Jewish Community Center (JCC) provides opportunities to become involved in the organized Jewish community by offering cultural, educational, social and recreational opportunities regardless of age, lifestyle, previous involvement or knowledge of Judaism.
Film Festival Job Description
The JCC seeks a Film Festival Program Director to manage all aspects of the Jewish & Israeli Film Festivals, bi-annual programs that run during the months of October and November (JFF) and March (IFF).
Duties and Responsibilities
The Film Festival Program Director is expected to:
- Recruit, work with and manage Film Festival committee and community volunteers
- Oversee film selection
- Negotiate with film distributors
- Manage all aspects of publicity and marketing
- Manage all aspects of necessary fundraising
- Manage all aspects of customer service
- Manage all aspects of film ticketing
- Work with theater management
- Manage all aspects of budget
- Work with JCC bookkeeper
- Report to the Executive Director of the JCC
The successful candidate will enjoy performing a variety of tasks, have a love of Jewish films and culture, be flexible, be able to see a big picture, as well as focus on detail, enjoy working with the public, be a self-starter, independent worker and have the ability to keep the program on its timeline.
- Knowledge of Jewish traditions, holidays and observance
- Good working knowledge of social media
- MS Word, Excel
- Knowledge of graphic arts software preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
This position is a permanent part-time non-exempt position.
Hours are 22 - 25 per week, compensation in the $22,000 - $26,000 range depending on experience.
Send Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org