Director, Teen & Camp Programs
Rick has a Masters in Social and Communal Programing and Counseling from Antioch University and has studied and worked in community social work for many years.
- Has organized and taught Jewish teens for over 30 years.
- Has been a camp director for decades.
- Has been a middle and high school teacher and guidance counselor at Summerfield Waldorf School for the last 8 years.
- Is the current Jewish Teen Program Director for the Jewish Community Center, Sonoma County and currently directs and instructs in Chaverim and oversees the advisor of Shorashim, the Petaluma Jewish Teen Program and Sonoma Valley Jewish Teens.
- Conducts ongoing talks, presentations and education to parents, teachers and students at local Waldorf and Charter Schools.
- Author of "Values and Virtues" curriculum for teens.
- Is a violinist and conductor and and has taught violin and music to students of all ages for 35 years.
- Received the Diller Teen Educator award for informal education.
- Married to Heather, also a guidance and college counselor.
- Parent/step-parent to five amazing children, age 12-32.
- Grandfather to one precious grand-daughter.