Teen Program, Chaverim
JCC Presents: Rick Concoff, Director of the JCC Teen Program in
Tales of the Parenting Journey
“You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll kvell!
Tuesday, January, 26 @ 7:00 PM
A fundraiser for the The Jewish Community Center, Sonoma County’s teen education program, Chaverim
A one man show of humorous and heartfelt situations, stories and anecdotes about parenting, grandparenting and general dealing with kids of all ages.
- Does it ever feel like an ongoing battle between "us" and "them"(the kids)
- Do you say things to your kids that you regret later?
- Has that sweet, precocious, adorable child morphed into an irritating, challenging, negative human being?
- Do you find yourself intimidated about asking your child to do anything, and are you finding yourself walking on eggshells?
You’ll leave with a few new strategies in your pocket for dealing with your much-loved kids in a positive way. Dessert will be served.
Please click here to read, Rick's Letter
The JCC’s Teen program, called Chaverim by most, is in its 22nd year.
It continues to serve teens entering 8th grade through 12th from all five Sonoma County synagogues and the Jewish community at large. Our program provides a unique venue that inspires involvement in Jewish life. Students meet by grade level for weeknight dinner discussions, and are also encouraged to participate in other Jewish teen activities here and in the Bay area. Meetings provide the opportunity to experience social interaction and engaging discussions dealing with relevant emerging young adult issues as well as ethical topics- all through a Jewish lens.
Whether you can make all the sessions or just a few, membership in this program is sets the stage to make a place for Judaism in your current life and in the future.
As one parent of a student recently said “We appreciate our kid’s sports and extracurricular activities. But really, most of them will only spend a few years in their young lives being in soccer or baseball or dancing or whatever it is that occupies their thoughts at the moment. They will spend their lives being Jewish, so let’s help them make Jewish engagement in life a habit.”
Newcomers are always welcome regardless of prior Jewish knowledge or experience.
For more information, contact the JCC office at 707 528-4222 or
Rick Concoff, Director of Youth and Teen Programs
firstname.lastname@example.org or 707 823-3916
Rick Concoff, M.A., has been an educator and mentor for children of all ages including grade school, pre-teen and teen for over 35 years.
CHAVERIM REGISTRATION 2015-2016
Returning Students can choose either the Chaverim Re-registration Form and use a credit card to pay tuition, or the Re-registration Form No Payment.
New Students can choose either the Chaverim Registration Form and use a credit card to pay tuition, or the Registration Form No Payment.
Are you having difficulty with the online registration? Would you prefer to speak to a human being?
Call the JCC Office at 707 528-4222. We can take your registration over the telephone.
Click on the link for your grade to sign up for What's For Dinner.
NOTE: 10th grade and 11/12th grade meet on alternating MONDAYS. 8th and 9th grades meet on alternating THURSDAYS at 6:30 pm.
- Chaverim Easy Re-Registration Form 2015-2016 - credit card payment required with this form. If you wish to pay by check, please make check payable to JCC and mail to JCC, Sonoma County, 1301 Farmers Lane, Suite 103, Santa Rosa, CA 95405.
All New Students (click to read letter for incoming 8th grade students)
Please choose either 1. or 2. to register and 3. and 4. for ALL new students.
Need help? Call 707 528-4222.
- Chaverim New Student Registration Form No Payment - for new students and no payment. Complete and submit online.
- Chaverim New Student Payment Form - credit card payment required with this form. If you wish to pay by check, please make check payable to JCC and mail to JCC, Sonoma County, 1301 Farmers Lane, Suite 103, Santa Rosa, CA 95405.
- Student Participation Agreement - this form needs to be signed and returned via mail or fax (528-4288)
- Emergency Medical Release - this form needs to be signed and returned via mail or fax (528-4288)
The Student Participation Agreement and Emergency Medical Release can also be emailed (as an attachment) to email@example.com.
Scholarship Information: If you plan to apply for a scholarship, please pay the deposit today. You will notified as to the amount of your scholarship. Thank you.
Having a problem with registration? Call 707 528-4222, or Ellen at 528-2549.
Chaverim Tuition 2015-2016
$195 deposit / $230 balance due
5 payments of $85
$425 full payment
The Sonoma County Jewish Teen Program is a program of the Jewish Community Center, Sonoma County and is supported by Congregation Beth Ami and Congregation Shomrei Torah. The Teen Program and the JCC, Sonoma County are beneficiaries of the Jewish Community Federation of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin and Sonoma Counties