Teen Program, Chaverim
Chaverim Registration - 2013-2014
- Chaverim Registration Form - complete and submit online
- Student Participation Agreement - this form needs to be signed and returned via mail or fax (528-4288)
- Emergency Medical Release - this form needs to be signed and returned via mail or fax (528-4288)
Chaverim Payment - 2013-2014
- Credit Card: If you wish to pay by credit card, please use the online Chaverim Payment Form.
- Check: If you wish to pay by check, please make check payable to JCC and mail to JCC, Sonoma County, 1301 Farmers Lane, Suite 103, Santa Rosa, CA 95405.
- Amount: Deposit due is $195. Full tuition is $425.
- Scholarship Information: If you plan to apply for a scholarship, please pay the deposit today. You will notified as to the amount of your scholarship. Thank you.
The dinner program has been a great success! Just click on the appropriate link below for more details, dinner suggestions and the opportunity to choose the date you want!
- 9th/10th Grade Shabbaton, March 28-29, 2014
- Senior Graduation and 11th/12th Grade Havdallah Sleepover, Saturday, May 3
Chaverim - The JCC's Jewish Teen Program
JCC's Teen Program, Chaverim, continues to involve and serve Jewish teens (8-12 grades) from all synagogues in the county and the Jewish community at large. Our program provides a unique venue to inspire continued involvement in Jewish life. Members meet for weeknight dinner discussions, social activities and community events. The meetings provide Jewish teens an opportunity to experience social interactions and engaging discussions centered around Jewish ethical topics relating to teens and teen life.
Our program is augmented by our newly formed "Tikkun Olam" group, as well as "Jewish Identity Clubs" at various local High Schools, led by some of our students. Each year several students attend regional and national Jewish teen events, trips to Israel and to Washington DC as well. This year, a number of our teens will help staff our newly established JCC 'Parents Night Out' events for pre-teens and younger children.
Unaffiliated Jewish teens of any age are welcome to join and your children are our most powerful link to them. Please do not hesitate to share your experiences with Chaverim with other Jewish teens you know and their parents. Educating other teens about what is available to them, and encouraging their participation is a mitzvah for us all.
For more information, please contact:
The Sonoma County Jewish Teen Program is a program of the Jewish Community Center, Sonoma County and is supported by Congregation Beth Ami and Congregation Shomrei Torah. The Teen Program and the JCC, Sonoma County are beneficiaries of the Jewish Community Federation of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin and Sonoma Counties