A Matter of Balance
Time: 1-3 pm
Days: Thursdays 4/4-5/23
A MATTER OF BALANCE is an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels.
This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- view falls as controllable
- set goals for increasing activity
- make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- exercise to increase strength and balance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- anyone concerned about falls
- anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- anyone who has fallen in the past
- anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
Classes are held once a week for 8 weeks for 2 hours each.
Suggested donation is $20 for class handbook and materials.
For more information/to enroll: 707/565-5936
Laurie Singleton- Coordinator Sonoma County Area Agency on Aging
Thursdays, April 4 – May 23, 2013 1:00 - 3:00pm
Classes held at the JCC, 1301 Farmers Lane, Suite 103, SR, 95405 - Upstairs - no elevator